2012年10月10日水曜日

What is happiness to me?

 

 


              “Happiness” is very abstraction word, and there is no answer how to get happiness. Nobody must not estimate other people how much they are happy. It is depend on the people. There are huge numbers of rich people in the world. In the other hand, a lot of wealth people also live in this world. It is not true, all persons feel happy if they have amount of money. In addition, it is an inaccurate that all of poor people are unhappy. The number one “Gross National Happiness” world is in Bhutan. The data of national census about happiness, 45.1%of nations answered “ I am very happy”, and then 51.6%of people say “I am happy”. Comparison of GDP as Japan, a person of GDP is 14 hundred million dollars in Bhutan. For Japan, a person of GDP is 212 hundred dollars for an average of Japanese.     

              When I visited to Indonesia, I met a lot of poor people who do not have enough food. I was hard to realize about their smiling face if they did not take sustainable life. A n old woman was sitting under the blue vinyl sheet, and watched TV which she found it somewhere. She was smiling while she was watching TV.

              I did not want to comparison with other people of my happiness. However I realize my happiness when I compared to others such I did in Indonesia. I must not decide who happiness is and who is not; because it is depend on the person. When I saw the woman in Indonesia who stays in vinyl sheet, I realized I am happiness. Unfortunately I did not understand how happy I could eat enough food as much as I want, buy clothes as much as I want, studying as much as I want, talk with my friends and family as much as I want and so on.

              There is no answer on this question. And also hard to explain what is happiness to me. One thing that I could say about happy. When I feel happy, I am happy. Happiness cannot express by one word.   

2 件のコメント:

  1. I hope you'll be always happy.^^

    返信削除
  2. It's great to hear about how you've went through the process of thinking "what is happiness".
    It's not just about having money, I agree, and rather those poor people might be happier than we are, living in the wealthy modern society.
    I don't live for my happiness. Id rather say, I live for my curiosity.
    But I think it is totally true that when you are feeling happy, you are happy, as you say. It may not last forever, but I think for that moment, I would call myself being happy.

    返信削除